FREE Parenting Programs: Jul – Dec 2015July 8, 2015
Through the South Randwick Community Hub Partnership, JNC Family Programs is excited to offer a range of practical and useful FREE parenting programs in the local area. All parents and carers are welcome. If you’re a Dad, Grandad or in male parenting role make sure you check out Baby Shed which starts Saturday 11th July!!
So what types of courses can you attend? Here is a condensed list to give you an idea:
- BABY SHED^: a hands on workshop for dads, grandparents and men who care for babies. It runs for 2 hours on a Saturday morning for three weeks and will assist men with practical information including feeding, sleeping and settling, infant communication and play as well as the challenges of being in a father role.
- LANGUAGE & DEVELOPMENT* – Bilingualism. Are you wondering whether to raise your child bilingual? Come join us and hear Speech Pathologists talk about the benefits of raising a bilingual child. You will also learn about various strategies to support your child’s bilingualism.
- MUSIC & MOVEMENT* – a four week interactive group for 2-6 year old children and their parents to enhance coordination, creativity, imagination and language skills through music.
- FIRST AID & CPR FOR PARENTS* – a one-off information session that will involve a discussion and demonstration of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and handling choking, drowning, accidental ingestions, sunburn, burns, scalds, bites and stings. While this is not an accredited course, it will provide basic essential first aid and CPR information.
- STRESS MANAGEMENT** – a two hour stress management program for families where they will learn to reduce stress and strengthen family connection.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF OF ALL COURSES AND DATES BELOW:
The Junction Neighbourhood Centre Parenting Courses July – Dec 2015 poster
For a complete list of all parenting courses and workshops being delivered in the Randwick Local Government Area please click on the link below: