The Junction Neighbourhood Centre – The JNC – is delighted to be celebrating Neighbourhood Centre Week, which runs from 30 April to 6 May. This is a nationwide initiative to celebrate the role of neighbourhood centres in the community.
Neighbourhood Centres are inclusive places: anyone and everyone is welcome, and members of the community are encouraged to be involved in the Centre’s activities.
This year’s Neighbourhood Centre Week theme is ‘Belonging’ – an important element of our vision as an organisation, and of our way of operating.
The Junction Neighbourhood Centre runs offices in three locations – but our inclusiveness transcends physical boundaries:
- We offer information, support and advice over the phone
- We link people in our communities with services and programs in other locations
- We stay connected with services, associations, and neighbourhood centres in other areas, to enhance our own knowledge base and the contribution we can make to the wellbeing of people in our community
- We run outreach services and events at various places in the community
- We offer opportunities for volunteering, in interesting and rewarding volunteer roles.
- We are present in the digital space: via social media and on this website, and via email
Why don’t you drop in to Lionel Bowen Library at 669-673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra, between Monday 30 April and Friday 4 May, to find out more about how The JNC can connect you with your community?
More about Neighbourhood Centre Week in NSW>>