Supported playgroups run by JNC are free for families with children up to 5 years old living in the Randwick LGA.
JNC’s Transition to School Playgroup runs weekly in school term. Phone 9349 8200 and see this link for updates on our groups and services.
About JNC’s Transition to School Playgroup
The Transition to School Playgroup is for families with children starting school next year. It’s free for families in the Randwick Council LGA. The group, run by our skilled educators, makes it possible for kids to strengthen their social skills and prepare for school. They can:
- Attend a structured playgroup
- Socialise with local children their own age
- Develop school-readiness skills
- Learn the importance of routines, good sleep and healthy eating
- Be in a culturally safe place and learn about the diverse cultures in their community
- Develop confidence about starting school
- Be linked with support for developmental issues
This playgroup is led by skilled educators, experienced in adapting the program to online delivery if physical distancing is required.
JNC – supported playgroups plus!
Playtime Resource for Parents & Carers
Here are some great school holiday playtime activities for you and your child to enjoy. Enjoy!
Click here to read, print or download this fun resource full of great activities for parents and carers of young children.
- Painting with spaghetti
- Ice cube painting
- Finger painting
- How to make an erupting volcano
- How to make bubble mix
- How to make non-cook play dough
- How to make goop
Activities at home
JNC offers a home activities guide – see this link>> – to keep your children entertained at home. There’s a great range of fun and educational activities, for the indoors and outdoors, for all ages – from toddler to adult.
Also have a look at JNC’s webcasts – there are many to support children 5 and younger.
See animals at the zoo in real time with Dan for JNC: watch here>>>
Support for anxious kids: Watch here>>>
And support for parents: Watch here>>>