Aged and Disability Support Services
FOR ALL REFERRALS AND ENQUIRIES PLEASE PHONE THE AGED AND DISABILITY COORDINATOR FIRST ON: 9349 8200
Our Aged and Disability Support Services (A&DS), in Maroubra and Bondi Junction, provides support to frail aged people and people with a disability, living in the Randwick and Waverley Local Government Areas. A&DS provide social and respite support to clients and their carers, and also offer specific support to the Russian speaking community.
Our Social Support Workers and Volunteers will assist you to be more independent at home and in the community, thereby enhancing your quality of life and supporting you to remain able to live at home. An enabling approach is adopted to focus on what you can and want to be able to do, by utilising your strengths and abilities. You are also encouraged to be actively involved in identifying goals that are significant to you to promote optimal well-being. Before using the service people are asked some questions about their needs. These questions help with planning service delivery, and ensure the most effective service is provided to meet your individual needs.
- You must live within the Randwick and Waverley Local Government Areas.
- Receive an Aged or Disability Pension
- Be the primary Carer of someone who is aged or living with a disability.
- Your ability to live independently is at risk or you are at risk of premature or inappropriate admission to long term residential care.
- You have difficulty performing everyday tasks without help due to functional limitations. We prioritise service delivery to people who find it more difficult to access services including people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, people with dementia and those experiencing financial difficulties.
- An assessment will be required to determine eligibility for some services and waiting lists may apply.
Please click on the links below to find out more about specific services: